2016-05-26 / Front Page

Moss defeats Mason; Superior Court Judge seat goes to Hammond

The results for the General Pri­mary/ Nonpartisan Election are in, and 35.62 percent of Lincoln County voters cast their ballots.

In the race for Probate Court Judge, on the Democratic ticket, incumbentLee D. Moss received 74.98 percent of the vote, defeating Marcus E. Mason by 559 votes.

County Commission Chairman, on the Republican ticket, went to Brian D. Henderson who garnered 54.84 percent of the vote, edging out Richard Brown. Henderson will face Democrat Walker T. Nor­man in the General Election on No­vember 8.

District 4 County Commissioner, on the Republican ticket, was won by Herbert “Lamar” Wade, who received 55.75 percent of the vote, leaving Christopher “Chris” Clegg with 44.25 percent. Wade will also face Democrat Tommy Bennett in the November election.

Judge of the Superior Court for the Toombs Judicial Circuit, on the nonpartisan ticket, was won by Britt Hammond. Hammond de­feated Bryant “Bubba” Swan with 76.22 percent of the vote.

A complete list of election result will run in next week’s edition of The Lincoln Journal.

Return to top